Working with an international business services company, we were asked to provide candidates for a key role that had been proving difficult to fill. The client made three offers to different candidates before they finally completed the appointment.
* new appointment within an established function which has consistently delivered best practice purchasing and substantial cost savings
* prior to our engagement with the client, they underwent two months of unsuccessful interviews through three high profile recruitment suppliers
* the organisation is located where there is a very small pool of quality candidates
* it was vital that all candidates had significant HR and Travel category experience and are CIPS qualified.
What we did
* we initially sourced two high calibre candidates from our network who matched the criteria outlined by the client
* the position was offered to the stronger of the two
* the candidate was then counter offered at resignation stage by their current employer they were offered a global role along with a substantial increase in remuneration
* with the role vacant again, we identified an additional candidate through detailed market research. This person was not actively seeking a move but was interested when informed about this opportunity.
* subsequently the candidate was interviewed and offered. The candidate accepted offer.
* two weeks before the agreed start date, the candidate had to reluctantly withdraw due to personal reasons
* with the client now questioning whether the role would ever be filled, and other agents unable to produce new candidates, we re-visited the market and went through the entire networking process again
* a candidate who had previously declined the opportunity had a change of mind and was put forward for the position
* this individual was successful and the offer agreed as soon as possible
* we maintained regular contact throughout the notice period and the candidate finally started role within six weeks of first interview
What made the difference?
* our network is extensive and we know how to use it to find quality people
* we are committed to outstanding service levels
* we know the market well so we can advise a client accordingly, particularly when market conditions are difficult
* if a position can be filled, we won’t give up until the job is done